Cumberland Gap became a postal town in 1803, but it wasn’t until April 1, 1907 that it was actually incorporated and became a town. Cumberland Gap has the only post office that has been in three states (Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia). In October 1885 it was changed back to Claiborne County, Tennessee where it remains today. This building was built in 1926 It formerly housed the Estep Drug Store. Today it houses the U. S. Post Office for Cumberland Gap.