Seco is an unincorporated community in northern Letcher County between Flemming-Neon and Whitesburg located off US 119 along the north fork of the Kentucky River.
The Seco post office was established on October 2, 1915.
The town of Seco is named after Southeast Coal Company which had a large operation here from 1915 to 1957. Southeast Coal Company also had a large operation in nearby Millstone. The company store for Southeast Coal was restored and turned into a winery in the mid 90s.
Several of the old camp houses in Seco still stand and are used as residence by the people of Seco.