The Lincoln Theater is located in the Smyth County, Virginia county seat of Marion. The theater is located in the center of the main business district in Marion on Main Street. The theater originally opened on July 1, 1929. The first movie shown there was “Close Harmony” starring Buddy Rogers and Nancy Carroll. The theater closed as a traditional movie theater on August 28, 1977. The final movie played was a 1974 film called “When The North Winds Blow” The Lincoln Theater reopened on May 16, 2004 as a community theater and performing arts venue.
The Lincoln Theater was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 17, 1992.