Originally known as the Dixie Theatre, this theater was built in 1913 by M. P. Boyd as a silent movie house with an all-purpose stage. At that time, The Dixie was located on the east side of Lewisburg’s public square.
The building was renovated after a fire in 1924 and remained in business at that location until 1938 when it was moved to its present location on the north side. Renovated several times over the next forty years, The Dixie finally closed its doors to patrons in 1985.
The Dixie was purchased by the Marshall County Community Theatre in 1994 and has been lovingly cared for since that time. Maintenance and upkeep on the aging structure are made possible through the generous annual support of the community.