The Strand Theatre was the first movie theater in Kingsport. Originally located on the corner of Main and Shelby Streets, the theater moved to 140 Broad Street (former home of Goodwin Furniture Company) in 1925. When the Strand first moved to Broad Street it was referred to as Nu Strand Theatre.
The Strand Theatre burned down on December 22, 1945, but was reopened in 1947.
The Strand Theater officially closed October 23, 1982.
In 1989, the Restoration Church moved into the historic theater building. A very informational article, including historical pictures of the theatre can be found by clicking HERE