The Fine Arts Theater is located at 36 Biltmore Avenue in downtown Asheville, North Carolina. It originally opened as the Strand Theatre on October 24, 1946 and had a seating capacity of 800 in orchestra and balcony. It was renamed Fine Arts Theatre on June 8, 1962.
Today the theater is the home of the Asheville Film Festival held in November of each year. The Fine Arts runs first run art and independent films.