Ballard County Courthouse — Wickliffe, Kentucky

Ballard County was formed from portions of Hickman County and McCracken County. ┬áBallard County has the distinction of being the county in Kentucky that borders both Illinois and Missouri.It was named for Bland Ballard , a Kentucky pioneer and soldier who served as a scout for General George Rogers Clark during the American Revolutionary War, and later commanded a company during the War of 1812. On February 17, 1880, the courthouse was destroyed by a fire, which also destroyed most of the county’s early records. At this time the countyseat and courthouse was located in Blandville.

Ballard County Courthouse -- Wickliffe, Kentucky

The county seat was transferred from Blandville to Wickliffe in 1882. This courthouse was built in 1903 with the designs of Missouri architect Jerome B. Legg. It is located in the heart of Wickliffe making it the county’s most prominent structure. On February 27, 1980 the courthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places.

The Earle Theater — Mount Airy, North Carolina

The Earle Theater is located at 142 North Main Street in downtown Mount Airy, North Carolina.
The Earle Theater-- Mount Airy, North Carolina//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js
The theater was opened for the first time in 1938 and had a seating capacity of 600, operated by the Stuart and Everett chain of theaters.
Mount Airy North Carolina//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js
By the late 70s multiplex theaters had arrived in northwest North Carolina and by 1980 the competition was just too much and the Earle Theater closed for business.
Mount Airy North Carolina//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js
n 1990, Stewart and Everett Theatres donated the theatre to Surry Arts Council. The theatre was in great disrepair and after countless hours of volunteer work, the theatre got a new lease on life, reopening as the Downtown Cinema Theatre. The Surry Arts Council operates the theatre five nights a week, showing movies at a 3.00 admission. The theatre is also available for other activities. By 2011, it was known again as the Earle Theatre