The Princess Theatre, located at 113 East Ninth Street in Hopkinsville opened November 27, 1911 as the Photoplay Palace. The theatre suffered a fire in 1942, and was remodeled in an Art Deco style and renamed The Princess Theatre.
The Booker T Washington School is located on Second Street and until 1922 was named the Jackson Street School.
Following integration of local public schools, Booker T. Washington housed classes for several programs, including middle school students, Head Start and adult literacy. The building has been vacant for about 15 years.
In early 2010 a fire damaged an entire wing of the school and in March of that year that secion of the school was demolished.
Crispus-Attucks High School is located on First Street near the center of the city of Hopkinsville in Christian County, Kentucky. The school was the first high school serving students of color in all of Christian and even parts of Trigg County when it opened on October 28, 1916.
In 1938, the Hopkinsville Colored Graded School system was absorbed into the white Hopkinsville Independent Schools, and the consolidated, yet segregated school system assumed ownership of Attucks High School. In 1956-1957, the Board of Education of the Hopkinsville Independent School System expanded the site and the campus through the acquisition of adjoining lots. Seven residential lots to the north and to the east of the original structure were purchased to provide land for a large classroom and gymnasium addition.
Completed in 1957, this two-story 39,747-square foot addition was constructed to the east of the original building and exemplifies the Modern architectural traditions of the 1950s with its curtain wall system and metal cladding on the exterior. Attucks High School held its final commencement ceremony on May 29, 1967. Upon closing as a high school and integration with other schools in the Hopkinsville area, the Attucks building was transformed into Attucks Middle School, a school for fifth and sixth graders, which it served as until the end of the 1987-88 school year. The Christian County Board of Education retained ownership of the site until 1998 when fire and water damage and the presence of hazardous materials led them to seek a new owner for the structure. A group of interested alumni of the high school formed the Crispus Attucks Community Association in 1998 and subsequently purchased the property for $1.00. The C.A.C.A. maintains ownership of the property, and the group is dedicated to the restoration of the building as a multifunctional resource that can serve as a cultural centerpiece for the entire community.
On June 1, 2012 paperwork was submitted for the Attucks High School building and grounds to be added to the National Register of Historic Places. The grounds and school were approved to be added to the list and added to the list on January 23, 2013.
Effords are still underway by community members and several groups to full restore this historic building and return it to serving the public.