The Princess Theatre, located at 113 East Ninth Street in Hopkinsville opened November 27, 1911 as the Photoplay Palace. The theatre suffered a fire in 1942, and was remodeled in an Art Deco style and renamed The Princess Theatre.
The Booker T Washington School is located on Second Street and until 1922 was named the Jackson Street School.
Following integration of local public schools, Booker T. Washington housed classes for several programs, including middle school students, Head Start and adult literacy. The building has been vacant for about 15 years.
In early 2010 a fire damaged an entire wing of the school and in March of that year that secion of the school was demolished.